Fruits and vegetables are the foods most important heritage nutritional and their constant presence determines proper nutrition. Are elements that provide the body with many beneficial substances and help to maintain a state of optimal physical and mental well. The important thing is to respect the seasonality of these foods and consume more fresh, otherwise all the nutritional properties of which are characterized eventually disperse and may even be harmful.
Vegetables are composed primarily of water and contains high doses of fiber, vitamins and minerals; also constitutes a valid antioxidant and helps prevent various diseases, such as gout, skin disorders and rheumatic pain. Vegetables ranks especially in different families:
1. Leafy vegetables: they belong to the radicchio, spinach, lettuce, chicory, etc;
2. Flowering vegetables: such as are artichokes, broccoli and cauliflower;
3. Stem vegetables: such as fennel, celery, asparagus, parsley, etc;
4. Fruit vegetables: broad category to which they belong tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, peppers, pumpkins, etc;
5. Root vegetables: such as carrot, beet and turnip;
6. Tuber vegetables: the most important is the potato;
7. Bulb vegetables: onion, garlic, leek, shallot.
Alongside these products can also be found the category of legumes, in which includes beans, lentils, peas and others; these are characterized by high levels of fiber and protein and are often used as meat substitutes.